The alleged mastermind of the Paris attacks that killed at least 129 people has been named as the leader of an Islamic State (Isis) cell who was sought by police earlier this year but remains at large. French officials said Abdel-Hamid Abu Oud, 27, was instrumental in organising and executing the gun and suicide bomb attacks on Friday night that wrought devastation in central Paris, AFP reported. Abu Oud, a Belgian of Moroccan origin, was first named by police as a wanted extremist after a gun battle in eastern Belgium in January during a raid on an Isis cell.
For a man at the centre of global manhunt, he was already something of a celebrity. On social media he is referred to by his nom de guerre, Abu Umar al-Belgiki – combining a resonant Sunni Muslim first name with his country of origin. Confusingly, he also called himself Abu Omar Soussi, suggesting a Tunisian connection. Abu Oud reportedly joined Isis in 2013 along with hundreds of other young Belgian Muslims seeking to fight the Syrian president, Bashar al-Assad. He returned home, via Greece, at the end of that year. In March 2014 he appeared in a video in a pickup truck dragging four mutilated corpses behind it to a mass grave.
The young Abu Oud studied at the prestigious Saint-Pierre d’Uccle school, in a smarter part of Brussels than the down-at-heel Molenbeek neighbourhood where he grew up as one of six children. According to Belgian media, he fled Brussels in January this year after a terrorist cell in the eastern town of Verviers was broken up in a police raid in which two of his presumed accomplices, Abu Zubayr and Abu Khaled, fellow Belgians, were killed. Abu Oud was sentenced to 20 years in prison by a Belgian court in July for recruiting for Isis in Syria. He was one of 32 people charged with running one of the country’s largest jihadist recruitment networks, although many of the defendants – himself included – were tried in absentia and remain at large.
On The Morning of The Worst Day Almost 3,000 People Were Incinerated at WTC and Pentagon By 9/11 Hijack Terrorists Who Lived and Partied in Sarasota County, FBI Refuses to Give Details. FBI agent Thomas Baugher told me at one of our meetings in Sarasota at the SRQ Police Department Intel Unit ”THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES IN TERRORISM. The FBI never disclosed the existence of its 2002 Sarasota investigation to either Congress’s Joint Inquiry into the terror attacks or the subsequent 9/11 Commission, ex-Sen. Graham has said. 9/11 Hijack Pilots Mohamed Atta, Marwan al-Shehhi and Ziad Jarrah’s Support Network In Sarasota Fl Includes Esam Ghazzawi, Abdulaziz al-Hijji and Muneer Arafat. From March of 2002 up to April of 2005 I was involved with and initiated parts off a multi Law Enforcement Agency investigation of an assortment of Muslim men of Saudi, Moroccan and Palestinian background that appeared to be a support network for the 9/11 hijackers in Sarasota Fl. This time period appears to the same time period that the Miami Herald Media Co. has joined the Herald-Tribune Media Group in urging a federal judge to make the FBI disclose details of its long-running Sarasota 9/11 investigation.
Bill Warner Private Investigator Sarasota SEX, CRIME CHEATERS & TERRORISM at www.wbipi.com