Monday, March 21, 2011

Uhuru Black Power News Tries to Spin the "Offical State Attorney's Report" on Putting Down Mad Dog Cop Killer Hyda Lacy in His Attic by SWAT Team.

On Monday March 21st, 2011 the Uhuru News- The Burning Spear website tried to Spin the "Offical State Attorney's Report" on Putting Down Mad Dog Cop Killer Hyda Lacy in His Attic by SWAT Team, see part of the UHURU fantasy article below;

UhuruNews Published Mar 21, 2011; "State Attorney’s report on killings of Hydra Lacy and cops continues cover up in war on African communityLike all the previous “reports” from McCabe, which have always found cops “justified” whenever they murder African people, this report was nothing but another cover up!  Vague and contradictory, McCabe’s latest report is no different than the previous lying reports on the police murders of 18-year-old Tyron Lewis in 1996, 17-year-old Marquell McCullough in 2004, 19-year-old Jarrell Walker in 2005 and 17-year-old Javon Dawson in 2008.  All of these reports covered over the reality that unarmed young black men were gunned down in unprovoked attacks by the police who walked away without paying any consequence while the murdered teenager was portrayed as a criminal.   An article on February 24 in the St. Petersburg Times on the Lacy report reveals that the state attorney is now contradicting earlier media and police accounts that never mentioned that Lacy had been tasered repeatedly by police as he was complying with police demands and being handcuffed before any cops were killed.

State Attorney's report on Hydra Lacy shooting clears officers; praises their heroism. ST PETE TIMES  Friday, February 25, 2011.  A St. Petersburg police officer killed in a shoot-out with a wanted man hiding in an attic. Another killed trying to rescue the first. A wounded deputy marshal who survived the siege that ended with the death of Hydra Lacy Jr. and the razing of the bright orange house where it all happened.

The report from Pinellas-Pasco State Attorney Bernie McCabe concluded that the 10 officers who fired at Lacy were justified in shooting and killing him. The report, along with hundreds of pages of interview transcripts of officers at the scene and the suspect's friends and family, creates the most complete and riveting account of that day's confusion, deception, terror and sacrifice.

The day began at 7 a.m., when Deputy U.S. Marshal Scott Ley, a St. Petersburg detective and a Pinellas County sheriff's detective went to 3734 28th Ave. S to question Christine Lacy about her husband's whereabouts. Such teams are often used to hunt dangerous fugitives. Hydra Lacy Jr., 39, had already served two stints in prison and had failed to show up for court on aggravated battery charges. He was on the lam and telling people he would not go back to prison.

The team had questioned Christine Lacy before and found she could be evasive. This time they piled on more intimidation, wearing bullet-resistant vests "so it would clearly be obvious to her that there were different stakes on the table this time around,'' Ley told state attorney's investigators. "Our hope was to ramp up her anxiety a little." The St. Petersburg detective, who is not being named because he works undercover, knocked on the door and some windows while the other two took position at corners of the house.

It took three to four minutes for Christine Lacy, her photo above, to come to the door then she refused to let the officers inside get a warrant she said. Ley, who by prior agreement was playing bad cop, said they didn't need a warrant. "Don't make me go back to my car and get a sledge hammer and tear this storm door down,'' he said.  At that point, Christine Lacy started falling apart. She acknowledged her husband was there, had been with her in bed when the knock came, but was now in the attic.

She whispered: "Can you make it look like you're really searching the house so he don't know I told on him? 'Cause he gets out of this, I'll be dead, you know." They pressed her about whether Lacy was armed. She acknowledged that guns were in the house but didn't know if he had one. The St. Petersburg detective called for backup: Hydra Lacy was possibly in the attic, possibly armed. "Step it up.''

Ley and the St. Petersburg detective quickly searched the ground floor, room by room. Yaslowitz, a K-9 officer, arrived and joined them with his dog Ace, who barked frenetically as the Lacys' three Rottweilers responded in kind from the back yard. After searching the house, Yaslowitz returned Ace to his vehicle.

The attic opening was small, with no pull rope to get access. There weren't any marks on the wall to indicate someone had hastily scrambled up. Several voiced doubts that a guy as big as Lacy, 6-foot-4 and 284 pounds, could even fit through the hole.

Still, they slid the access panel aside, pounded on the ceiling and yelled that they knew he was up there, to come down. "Why don't you thump on the ceiling twice, let us know you hear us,'' Ley said. Someone else threatened to send Ace up. Ley found a two-step ladder in the kitchen and ran an extension mirror with a light through the access opening. He could see boxes and duct work and an air handler. Yaslowitz took a look with the same result.

Then Yaslowitz suddenly hoisted himself into the attic, Ley said. He was "very fit, very agile, very capable officer, just boosted himself up in there.''  Ley followed. Both officers searched with lights but saw nothing. Ley returned down the ladder and discussed searching the ground floor again. Then they heard two voices from the attic. Yaslowitz said: "Let me see your hands now.''

Lacy: "I can't show you my hands and crawl at the same time.''  Yaslowitz: "Well you better figure out how to do it anyway.'' Ley climbed back up, with a push from the rear by the St. Petersburg detective when Ley's gear became stuck in the opening. Yaslowitz was a few feet inside the attic with his Glock pointed at Lacy, who was spread-eagle on the attic rafters about 10 to 15 feet away, wearing only boxer shorts (he had been in the house prior to being in the attic).

On Yaslowitz's orders, Lacy was slowly backing toward the officers. "He's got Lacy clearly illuminated with his weapon light,'' Ley said. "He was confident. He was in control, and Lacy for the most part was being compliant.'' Seeing that, Ley holstered his gun and pointed a Taser at Lacy as backup.

Yaslowitz moved in to handcuff Lacy, bending over him. "I heard the cuffs ratchet (on one wrist) . . . I saw his light come off of Lacy. So it went dark,'' said Ley, whose Taser light was weaker. Then, Lacy began to roll over, his left arm coming up (the one not handcuffed). As he and Yaslowitz begin to struggle, Ley shot his Taser into Lacy's shoulder and chest and applied the electric charge twice.

"You got me,'' Lacy said. "Stop it.'' Then Ley heard a shot and Tasered Lacy again. Then more shots. Ley continued to Taser Lacy and saw Yaslowitz roll to the side (Lacy had shot Yaslowitz). "I'm now in a gunfight with a Taser in my hand,'' Ley said. He dropped his light-mounted Taser, and the attic went dark as he reached for his gun.

A muzzle flashed and a slug hit his vest, another his groin (fired by Lacy in the attic). He lost balance and fell out of the attic and onto the undercover St. Petersburg detective. That detective, along with the sheriff's detective who also works undercover, started yelling for Yaslowitz, but every time they made noise, Lacy would shoot through the ceiling toward their voices.

Piece of popcorn ceiling flew everywhere. "I was watching the pops on the tile'' as Lacy's bullets struck, the deputy said. They stopped talking to make themselves a less obvious target. Groin wounds are dangerous because of arteries and Ley, lying on the hallway floor, began to wonder if he was going to die. He desperately wanted to return fire. "I wanted to do something to end it so badly at that point,'' Ley said. "But out of respect for any chance we could save Yaz I didn't want to do anything to further jeopardize him.''

The two undercover deputies kept their guns aimed at the attic opening, hoping they could provide cover for their comrade if he tried to get down. "We didn't want Yaz to have enough strength to pull himself down and not be there for him,'' the undercover deputy said.

Sgt. Baitinger, who had arrived as backup, organized a rescue team along with Sgt. Karl Lounge, Officer Max McDonald and Officer Douglas Weaver. Carrying a ballistic shield over his head, Baitinger began searching for the bathroom, passing below the attic opening.

From the bathroom, McClintick saw a flashlight beaming down from the attic but didn't know if Baitinger saw it. As Baitinger entered the doorway of the bedroom, more shots rained down.  "I actually see him take a round,'' McClintick said. "It was like in his lower right back." Baitinger made a sound like "oh," and the bullet spun him around. He dropped his shield and backed into the bedroom, facing the hallway and the attic access.

More shots. "I see him take another round high up in his torso,'' McClintick said. "It was almost like in his chest area." Weaver could see smoke from the attic and returned fire through the ceiling. He yelled to Baitinger to escape through a bedroom window. But Baitinger, shot twice, would not leave.  "No. I see Yaz," he said. "I see his boot.''  Weaver climbed the step-ladder and reached for Yaslowitz's leg.

"I'm yelling at Yaz, 'Yaz, man, you need to help me. Back up. Give me your other boot. Give me your other boot. Give me your foot." 'Crawl back to me.' '' But Yaslowitz didn't move.  Then Lacy fired 10 to 15 rounds, and Weaver lost his footing. He fell to the hallway. Then he joined Ley and McClintick in the bathroom, where they broke out a window and escaped. READ THE REST OF WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED, MORE FROM THE SOURCE...

Bill Warner Private Investigator, SEX, CRIME, CHEATERS & TERRORISM.