Al-Muhajiroun and Islamic Thinkers Society, Al-Muhajiroun was founded by Syrian militant Omar Bakri Mohammed as an affiliate of the local branch of the transnational Hizb-ut-Tahrir movement. Although al-Muhajiroun has
since disbanded in the U.K. (not really they just use a different name like ITS), a number of offshoot organizations have emerged, such as the ITS led by "Nussrah" who has left several objectionable and threatening messages on the blog of "Private Investigator Bill Warner".....I will make it my life long goal to shut down the website of ITS and help supply any information to the NYPD Counter Terrorism Unit in Brooklyn NY that will be helpful in the resulting arrest and conviction of "Nussrah" and others at the ITS for the numerous hate crimes and treasonous posts that ITS use to incite others to violence against Jews and in New York City, see the "Kill Jews" headband worn by a ITS member at a rally in New York City above.
• The Islamic Thinkers Society (ITS) is an organization primarily composed of 2nd and 3rd generation college-age Americans of South Asian and Middle Eastern descent (Pakistanis) and espouses the same extremist worldview as al-Muhajiroun, (their leader is the so called "Nussrah"). Their ideology is underpinned by a politicized Salafi outlook that describes the United States as a nation of kuffars, or unbelievers. They do not respect U.S. “man made laws” but rather seek to implement sharia and restore the Caliphate.
• Islamic Thinkers Society claims that the worldwide Muslim community is under attack by a hostile West. It alleges that the West’s strategy to undermine Islam
combines social, cultural, political, economic, and military aspects. In an effort to support its arguments, ITS posts regular statements on its website about the
wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, Kashmir, and other global issues typically important to Muslims worldwide. In this regard, the
group’s call to jihad represents a justified resistance in defense of the worldwide
Muslim community. However, ITS is careful not to explicitly call for violence.
• The group (ITS) has a Wahhabi orientation and is quick to impart “takfir” upon other Muslims who they consider apostates. ITS looks to the writings of influential Muslim ideologue Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah, who inspired leading Islamist thinkers such as Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab and Sayyid Qutb, among others. Imam Shamsi Ali, Deputy Imam of the Islamic Cultural Center of New York and director of the Jamaica Muslim Center in Queens, cited the Islamic Thinkers Society as a “small organization based in Queens which routinely chooses anger over constructive action.” In March 2006 their intolerance was on full display as they disrupted an annual religious Shi'a Ashura procession on Park Avenue in Manhattan. “The mischief mongers manhandled a religious scholar, calling him an infidel, and spread materials mocking Islamic jurists they consider too moderate.” Moreover, the small knot of angry young men waved placards which read. "Shia are NOT Muslims!" and "Shia is made of superstitious elements of Judaism."
ITS and other similar organizations serve as indoctrination accelerants due to their ability to act as both incubators and proliferators of radicalization. Their use of the English language as well as the internet (see their website here) amplifies their message and specifically resonates with 2nd and 3rd generation Muslims in the West, many of whom speak or read little, if any Arabic. Thus, even in the virtual world, this organization successfully recruits, indoctrinates, and trains aspiring extremists.
The Result. The radicalization of both the Herald Square plotters and the al-
Muhajiroun did not result in an actual attack and direct loss of life; however,
these radicalized New Yorkers indirectly supported at least one attack (London: July 7, 2005), and continued facilitating the radicalization trend among young Western Muslims.
• Herald Square Plot. On August 27, 2004, Siraj and Elshafay were arrested and
charged with conspiring to detonate a bomb in the Herald Square Subway
station. Although the defendants never had possession or control of a bomb,
according to the court records, Mr. Siraj already had a computer disk
containing instructions for making different explosive devices, had showed it
to the police informant and had asked him to make copies of the CD. This file
was called the “Cookbook”.
• Al-Muhajiroun. Babar was arrested in New York City in April 2004, after
his return from Pakistan. Almost two years later, in June 2006, British
authorities arrested Syed Hashmi (see FREE FAHAD on Islamic Thinkers Society website click here), the Brooklyn College graduate, in London's
Heathrow Airport for his suspected role in aiding an al-Qaeda plot to attack
targets in London and delivering military equipment and funds to radical Islamists in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
o At the end of April 2007, following the successful conviction of five individuals
in the U.K. responsible for the Fertilizer (CREVICE) Plot, Queens-raised
Babar (and member of the Islamic Thinkers Society) was exposed as a key al-Qaeda support operative, facilitating the transit and training of both the CREVICE Plot conspirators as well as one of the July 7, 2005 bombers to a training camp in Malakand, Pakistan in July 2003.
At this camp, Omar Khyam (CREVICE) and Mohammed Siddique
Khan (London 7/7) learned how to handle weapons and explosives.
Babar confessed to having supplied people who attended the training
camp with aluminum powder and attempted to buy ammonium nitrate
for them "with the knowledge that it was going to be used for a plot
somewhere in the U.K."
o When British security officials apprehended Hashmi in 2006, he had been
preparing to board a plane for Pakistan carrying a large amount of cash and
The supplies had included ponchos, torches and boots, useful for
recruits fighting US troops in remote parts of Afghanistan.